Saturday, August 30, 2014

The Idea of Happiness

Happiness is a state of mind which cannot be defined exactly as its idea is dissimilar for each person. Though every life’s goal is to find happiness, everyone lives their life differently according to their own perception. Needless to say, that our idea of happiness defines our life path.

For the ambitious, life is like a ladder and the goal is to arrive at the top floor. Claiming high position or title is their idea of happiness. I am one of those people. All my life I have kept seeking to advance. I can’t help the anxiety creeping to my mind once I stay calmly in a step ladder. Since I was a child, accomplishment has become my way of asking for gift. I wasn’t born in a wealthy family. Each time I had something that I wanted, I needed a good reason to ask. Becoming a winner was my biggest shot.

There was also time, when I merely joined competition because of the prize. Sometime I wanted to buy my own goods without asking to my parents. Joining a competition could be really profitable. By paying a small amount of money at the registration, I could get as much as ten times of my ‘early infestation‘ once I became the winner.

Winning is addictive. There is this exciting mix of feeling that I feel once I succeed. I feel invincible, proud and the most important, happy. There is no feeling superior to happiness. Sometime I think that to be able to survive, we only need to be happy but, such a good feeling never last long. A tiny misfit can ruin it easily. Thus, I need to win again.

My idea of happiness leads me to see this life as a competition. Every day, I am fighting to not losing. I need to win to feel happy. It gets me higher than most of my friends, yes. But it feels really exhausting sometime.

Idea is not fixed, it keeps evolving as people grow and interact with their surroundings. Mine of happiness will transform too, someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment